Title sounds bit weird, isnt it ? Any way by the end of this blog you will come to know what does that mean & why I have made that title?
If someone asks me what's your name, then I would say my name is :
P-Papa
R-Romeo
I-India
T-Tango
E-Echo
S-Sierra
H-Hotel
Yes, it's true..I should spell out my name in that manner. Actually this is nothing new it's been very old and called as "NATO phonetic alphabet". Most of the words are recognizable by native English speakers because English must be used upon request for communication between an aircraft and a control tower whenever two nations are involved, regardless of their native languages. But it is only required internationally, not domestically, thus if both parties to a radio conversation are from the same country, then another phonetic alphabet of that nation's choice may be used. Mostly it's not directly applied to our daily life but when ever you come across any situation where by you have to communicate with Customer care support then usually you would found this is useful. In fact most of customer care support representative usually use/follow this phonetic alphabet in order to make clear conversation.
I have been using various other words to spell out my name eg. P-Prince,R-Red etc.
But now I learned & will follow the same NATO phonetic alphabet. I found this very interesting & effective. Previously I used to repeat more that once to spell out my name but after using this most of time my job is done at the first time itself....
If you want to know how to spell out your name (especially to Customer Care Support representative) refer this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICAO_spelling_alphabet
So, What's your Name ?? Check that out !!
Stay Tuned,
Pritesh
Sunday, 8 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- Adorable
- By Profession, I'm a software engineer. Being a Geeky, I love to read/write about technical stuffs,advance innovations,softwares etc.. Last but not least, I love to enjoy every bits of life at it's best.
Mine is
ReplyDeleteA-Alfa
N-November
I-India
S-Sierra
H-Hotel
But I would like as..
A-Arrogant
N-Naughty
I-Intelligent
S-Sharp
H-Humble..... :) .....