Wednesday, 21 July 2010
Football Fever !!
It’s been few days that Foot ball fever has gone !! It had been fantastic one month of all actions of fantastic football world cup 2010. This was the first ever world cup that I have followed passionately… each n every league match followed by knock out stage, quarter finals, semi finals n grand finale….
It was amazing….being in UK it’s all together different experience…one of the leading football lover nation…real football fever….here every where people were roaming with their country’s flag, wearing England team’s t-shirt, even most of products in super market were being sold with the promotion of the England team, Advertisement on television also tells the same story….In fact on the day of England’s must win match against Slovenia, my manager allowed us to go out n enjoy the match.. Here we go.. Officially we were allowed to bunk office..:)… How can I miss such chance??….so we all went to pub to watch that match on big screen & really enjoyed n supported England (which England won n qualified for super 16… :)..People have had good faith in their home team, England but sadly after few pathetic performances they even struggled to even qualify for knock out stage…..and later on dreams for world cup vanished after the one of the most horrified defeat (1-4) against Germany (one of the most deserved candidate to win this world cup by considering their performances throughout the tournament and fact that they have had only 2 times failed to qualify for semis…)…
No matter who got the “(World) Cup” but I got “Wooden Spoon”…:) :)..
Sounds bit haphazard….Isn't it ?? Here, I explain you what that means….Actually we had a competition for predicting world cup winner, so for each match you have to predict number of goal(s) for both teams & depending on it you will get points for each correct score prediction & winner of the match…
After the final we had the top scorer (who got the “Cup”) & low scorer (who got the “Wooden Spoon”....yes, that’s ME)…
Despite of joining the competition after few matches, few members had scored more than me…....So from the start till the end I had constantly scored low & retained the last stand.. :):)…. .Though I was a low scorer but also was a very comprehensive & consistent scorer…I hardly wins any prize money…but this time I got wooden spoon..
No matters for what reasons. :):)
Stay Tunned,
Pritesh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- Adorable
- By Profession, I'm a software engineer. Being a Geeky, I love to read/write about technical stuffs,advance innovations,softwares etc.. Last but not least, I love to enjoy every bits of life at it's best.
Aaha... Congrates for Wooden Spoon..... even score low all the time needs some luck n total.. total.... hhmmm.... leave it...
ReplyDeletewe too enjoyed worldcup here.. at office.. :) .... it's been fashion here u know.... :) ...