After more than two hundred years of British rule, India finally won backs its freedom on 15th August, 1947. It was on the eve of 15th of August, 1947 that India tricolor flag was unfurled by Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, on the ramparts the Red Fort of Delhi, also he said in his historical speech:
“At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new…India discovers herself again."
- Jawaharlal Nehru
Today, 15th August 2010 is India’s 63rd Independence Day and on this great day, everyone conveys best wishes and greetings to their family and friends... Vande Mataram, Jay Hind & Happy independence Day !!
Last year, we have celebrated the day by doing flag hosting followed by some sweet distribution. That was great. But unfortunately this year I have not got that chance to do that. But yes, I had celebrated by saluting the nation & giving the tribute to all martyrs. Since morning itself, I have started feeling patriotic and listening to old patriotic songs !!
On this day, I would like to mention about an interesting article. Recently I read one article titled “Bharat vs. India”, that seems to me very catchy & drove my attention. So I started reading & at the end I was astonished. Can’t believe whether it’s still true? That article was talking about the perspective of movie audience of old/rural india called “Bharat” & new/developed India called “India”.
Now a day’s Indian cinema aka Bollywood have plenty of movies realising every year but how many of them are really attracts the Bharat Audience (ie. Audience from Rural areas of India) and how many of them to India Audience (ie. Audience from developed areas of India) ?
But I would rather say how many of them are really made for them (Bharat)..In this glamour & advance technological world every one keen to make movie targeted to Indian audience (ie. Audience from developed areas of India), rather than Bharat audience. Recently Peepli Live released which really raised the burning issue of Suicide of Farmers of Bharat and such kind of movie really attracts more Bharat audience. So i’m happy that still we have movies for Bharat....But not sure how it will continue in future. I wish movies for both Bharat Audience & India Audience.
So in future I would like to see "Bharat & India" rather than "Bharat vs. India"
Vande Mataram,
Pritesh


0 comments:
Post a Comment