Monday, 21 June 2010
My 4 Years with Mastek...& Continue...
21st June, the Memorable day…Not for being longest day of the year, but for other reason. On the very same day in year 2006 I have joined Mastek and today I have completed 4 years with Mastek and journey is still continue..
I left the previous organisation on 17th June 2006, I had only 2 days to windup all things in hostel & get ready for the new journey. There were loads of things needs to be settled down in those two days. Somehow I managed to wind up all those things and went to home on next day 18th. I had only a night stay with my family & next day Most of my luggage was packed as I hardly added little stuff to those hostel bags. I had a train booking for the Mumbai on 19th, that was the second ever trip to Mumbai (though I had been to Mumbai when I was child, hardly recollect anything…).
Journey begun, I was accompanied by one of my friend who was working with me in previous organisation. He was familiar with Mumbai as he frequently visits it. So I was feeling comfortable. He boarded from Ahmedabad & joined him from Vadodara. We had some gossips in train followed by deep sleep. When we reached at Dadar station I was sleeping, my friend wake me up & said here we go….we reached Mumbai…..it’ was around 6 am in the morning on 20th June, little sunshine & it was raining.......
Wel come to Mumbai….after that we had to go to Vashi, so we caught local trains with two changes…that was my first ever journey with local train…it was fantastic experience…I have had seen so much crowd in early morning local trains and I realise that that’s why people say life runs with local trains..it’s life line for mumbaikars…That’s true…After about 1.15 min journey we reached to Vashi station. From there we hired a rickshaw for the guest house. My friend got off in 15 min as his guest house arrives; I had to go bit far for my guest house. I also reached to guest house, checked in & refreshed. Surprisingly I met with one of my old day’s friend on the very same guest house where my friend used to stay… …He offered me his bike also… Cool…. In the noon we (me & my friend) went out for movie. After that we were searching for tea stall as we used to have in Ahmedabad but I was surprised I was not able to find it near by the movie hall. Fortunately we found it in one of shopping centre….So….movie….biking……we enjoyed first day…
Next day 21st, joining day…As we’re told…we reached office by sharp 9 am..then completed joining formalities..then we were accompanied by one of HR representative & she took us for a round of premises followed by lunch…As we haven’t had to do much on first day, done some tp here n there and returned to guest house…
After few days I was allocated to one of project called SMMT. It has very tough time lines to complete. That project was in initial stage of development. Latest technology, new working environment, many new things to learn..etc… over all it was very good learning curve for me…I also enjoyed nigh outs in that project…No..This nigh out doesn’t mean any picnic or something like that…it’s for coding, defect fixing, deployment nigh outs… :) :)..we had many of them….. :)..Also must to specify that we spent many of week end working in the offices….Apart from that one thing I must say…I got the best PL of all time…The way he delegates tasks, manages issues etc…was really commendable, I wish I could get a chance to work him again !! I can say that, I enjoyed working in that project not only because of my colleagues, PL but also for those nigh outs & working weekends :)..
After about a year offshore development got over & I was released from that project & joined new one…DSA…as a module leader. Here I got the opportunity for leading the team, prepare & review design documents, onsite offshore co-ordinator etc. . I really enjoyed this role but not as much as developer.. :)…..in this project I got the opportunity for application performance tuning, which was very interesting…I found the potential memory leak in the application , that was due to the framework which was used in the DSA. Then I raised query to solve this to company’s tech cell & they confirmed & resolved this leak in the framework. My findings were recognised on Mastek’s intra net…..Kudos for Me….. :):)..also I got the “Fire in the Belly” award for my hard work and commitment in the project….So..Again another achievement..:)..I also had fantastic picnic to SAI farm …on top of that rain had made our picnic very memorable….In this project we used to out for a lunch every Friday…So this project culture makes every "Friday as a Feast day" :)….
Binding all these wonderful memories I moved on to another project "Service Support" yes..That is at on site…UK..after being at offshore for around 2 years, that was the first opportunity to go abroad…so was very excited about it…rest all you know…I’m still in the same project…Enjoying uk….more you can find at my previous blog "My 2 years in UK".
I’m not sure if I wud not be in Mastek then wud I get this opportunity or not?...
God knows !!
Few things which worth mentioning about Mastek…”Monthly meetings”, We usually have somewhere at ville parle or ghatkopar in a big hall…. here all mastekeers used to get together…cultural programmer, occasional speakers, new joinee’s act/dance, direct talk to company’s head…etc… that was very exciting…...we really enjoyed that a lot…after the meeting we used to have free snacks with monthly magazine…
“Runtime”- we have a culture in mastek that every year they plan for a day or two day nigh out for employee with their family members….that was awesome thing…I have attended three run times…that was fabulous…One of run time they invited KK..that night was amazing…And in another run time we had Shaan to rock all of us….that was also fantastic…and the third year I have enjoyed at onsite...
So I can say…”Runtime is always a Funtime !!”. These are among few good things about mastek & mastek culture….I’m really lucky to be a "Mastekeer" !!
I’m thankful to Mastek for cultivating my carrier & giving me this opportunity. I wish all the best to Mastek & hope I would continue my journey with it as long as possible !!
Stay Tunned,
Pritesh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- Adorable
- By Profession, I'm a software engineer. Being a Geeky, I love to read/write about technical stuffs,advance innovations,softwares etc.. Last but not least, I love to enjoy every bits of life at it's best.


Congrates Buddy. That is really great achievement, specially as u r in IT Industry. 4 years in one company, I can't imagine in dreams. So Congrates.
ReplyDeleteI think, After Payal, U have the longest stay at one company from our college kudos.....